This is the driver for the Zenstar USB GPS that Maptech offers as an accessory for its Navigation software products. It is the same driver that is included on the mini-CD that accompanied the GPS and is required to use the GPS on any computer.
To Install the Driver
1. Close all programs and temporarily disable any antivirus software.
2. Before attaching the GPS, double-click on the 'Driver' application file that you downloaded (below.) Then, follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
3. Restart the computer.
4. After the computer has restarted, plug the Zenstar GPS into your computer's USB port.
5. Your computer will detect the GPS and complete the installation process.
Using the GPS
- When using the GPS, it must be in clear view of the sky.
- The indicator light on the GPS will be on steady when it is receiving power.
- When the indicator light flashes periodically, the GPS has acquired a satellite signal and is operating properly.
To Verify the COM Port used by the GPS
1. Click Start, Control Panel, Performance & Maintenance, System, Hardware, Device Manager.
2. In the list, find "Ports (COM & LPT)" and check the Virtual COM Port, which was created by the USB driver. For example: USB to Serial Port [COM #].
3. Use this COM Port when connecting to the GPS. Or, use the GPS Setup Wizard that is included with Maptech's suite of Navigation products to connect the GPS to the software.
Please note that the Virtual COM Port number might be different on every computer or may change each time new devices are installed.
Win 64 Driver
This driver is for 32-Bit versions of Windows XP. If you are running a 64-bit operating system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an appropriate driver.
How to Download the Driver
Click the link below. In most instances, your web browser will ask if the file should be Opened, or Saved to your computer. Choose Save, then select a location to Save the downloaded file In. If you are unfamiliar with downloading applications, we recommend choosing your "Desktop"; select Save In, Desktop and press Save. Once the download completes, double-click the 'Driver' application that appears on your Desktop. This will install the GPS driver, and follow the above instructions. Once that process is completed, you may run your Maptech application, use the GPS Setup Wizard to configure the GPS, and delete the download from your Desktop.
Zenstar USB GPS Driver (for Windows Vista) - BETA
User Manual: Zenstar USB GPS Receiver