Support Home > Zenstar USB GPS Driver (for Windows Vista & Windows 7)
This is a Windows Vista compatible (32-Bit versions) driver for the Zenstar USB GPS that Maptech offers as an accessory for its Navigation software products. .
For a Windows 7 USB driver, please click HERE
To Install the Driver
1. Following the instructions, below, download the Zenstar GPS driver.
2. Plug in the Zenstar USB GPS.
3. In the found new hardware window, please choose Locate and install driver software (recommended).
4. In the windows needs your permission to continue window, please click continue.
5. In the next window, please select I don’t have the disk. Show me other options.
6. In the Windows couldn’t find driver software for your device window, please select Browse my computer for driver software (Advanced).
7. In the Browse for driver software on your computer window, please click Browse and then choose Desktop (or the location you specified during the download.) Be sure that include subfolder is checked on.
8. When the software for this device has been successfully installed click close.
The Zenstar GPS will now be installed. The COM port for this GPS (needed for configuration in your navigation software) will be shown in the bottom right corner.
Using the GPS
- When using the GPS, it must be in clear view of the sky.
- The indicator light on the GPS will be on steady when it is receiving power.
- When the indicator light flashes periodically, the GPS has acquired a satellite signal and is operating properly.
To Verify the COM Port used by the GPS
1. Click Start, Control Panel, Performance & Maintenance, System, Hardware, Device Manager.
2. In the list, find "Ports (COM & LPT)" and check the Virtual COM Port, which was created by the USB driver. For example: USB to Serial Port [COM #].
3. Use this COM Port when connecting to the GPS. Or, use the GPS Setup Wizard that is included with Maptech's suite of Navigation products to connect the GPS to the software.
Please note that the Virtual COM Port number might be different on every computer or may change each time new devices are installed.
Win 64 Driver
This driver is for 32-Bit versions of Windows Vista. If you are running a 64-bit operating system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an appropriate driver.
How to Download the Driver
Click the link below. In most instances, your web browser will ask if the file should be Opened, or Saved to your computer. Choose Save, then select a location to Save the downloaded file In. If you are unfamiliar with downloading applications, we recommend choosing your "Desktop"; select Save In, Desktop and press Save. Once the download completes, follow the above instructions to install the driver. Once that process is completed, you may run your Maptech application, use the GPS Setup Wizard to configure the GPS, and delete the download from your Desktop.
User Manual: Zenstar USB GPS Receiver