Electronics Hookup and Configuration
Installation of the Sealevel RS-232 to USB converter
1. Without the Adapter cable attached, Insert the Sealevel CD.
2. The disc should auto run, bringing up a blue Sealevel box with four options down the right side.
3. In the product finder field, enter the number 2105 (found on the back of the adapter.)
4. Click Install Drivers.
5. The InstallShield Welcome screen will appear, Click Next.
6. Agree to the License terms, and click Yes.
7. Enter in the customer information, name & company, and then click Next.
8. Let the software install to the default directory; click Next.
9. Choose Typical for the setup type; click Next.
10. Choose the default program folder to install to; click Next.
11. An Information window will open; read it and click OK.
12. Uncheck Launch Help File; click Finish.
13. Click the Home button, then exit the Sealevel blue box by clicking the “x” located in the top right.
14. Plug the adapter in to a USB port on your PC.
15. The Found New Hardware Wizard will appear with three available choices.
Choose the last choice, No, Not This Time, then click Next.
16. The Found New Hardware Wizard will present two choices.
Choose the second, Install From a List or Specific Location (Advanced), then click Next.
17. Point the wizard to the CD ROM to look for the driver:
Choose Search for the Best Driver… and Search Removable Media…, then click Next.
18. A warning will appear; choose Continue Anyway.
19. Click Finish.
20. The Found New Hardware Wizard may appear a second time. If so, please repeat steps 15 -19.
21. Check Device Manager to determine the Virtual COM Port that the adapter has established and that the NMEA data will be coming in on. Click here for detailed instructions.