HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier: Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier: Outdoor Navigator: FILE NOT CREATED download error

Old Forum User
Original Message
(Posted Nov 4, 2003 2:47 PM)
thread closed

I am quite happy with the Outdoor Navigator product and it generally works well for me. However, I seem to have problems downloading certain maps. I can download most maps with no problem but certain ones seem to give me the same basic error (Here is one for the Millsboro, DE map:

Please close this window and try downloading the file again. If you continue to have problems please contact Outdoor Navigator Support.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

In my experience, if I get this error once, I generally get it every time I try to download that same map. The map shows up fine on the website but fails on the download. I can download other maps immediately before and after the failing ones but each time I go back to the failed map, it fails again.
Other examples of maps I have had trouble downloading were Symrna, DE; Rehobath Beach, DE; Lewes, DE; Bethany Beach, DE - to name a few. I can't say that I am positive that I have never been able to eventually download a map once I get this error but by and large that is true. I assumed that maybe there was a problem with the maps on the server and that eventually it would clear up but that does not appear to be the case.

Thanks.

Previous     
Replies 1 - 3 of 3
     Next     

Old Forum User
Thanks for calling this to our attention...
(msg #n/a: Posted Nov 5, 2003 3:20 PM)

There appears to be some sort of problem with a handful of our Outdoor Navigator maps. Most notably, Deleware seems to be not functioning.

Our team is working on it right now, and hopefully the maps in your area will become available in the next few days.

Sincerely,

-Ed Lecuyer

Manager, Quality Assurance and Technical Support

Old Forum User
Maps Still Not Working
(msg #n/a: Posted Dec 2, 2003 4:35 PM)

Just to let you know, I am still having the same problems. It has been almost a month and I figured that would have been enough time to work it out since the original reply had thought things would be working in "a few days".

Thanks.

Old Forum User
Sorry about that...
(msg #n/a: Posted Dec 4, 2003 11:23 AM)

Somehow this problem slipped off the "to-do" list of the folks involved with that project. They're back on the case, and we hope to have it resolved in the next couple of days.

Sincerely,

-Ed Lecuyer

Manager, Quality Assurance and Technical Support

Previous     
Replies 1 - 3 of 3
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS