HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier: Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier: Marine Navigation and Software: transfer of updates

Old Forum User
Original Message
(Posted Dec 2, 2003 5:02 PM)
thread closed

Is it possible to download NTM updates on one computer and then transfer them over to a computer that is not hooked up to the internet? I do have a CD burner on the computer, so disk space is not a problem. I'm just trying to figure out how to get them from one computer to the other. Thanks.

Previous     
Replies 1 - 2 of 2
     Next     

Old Forum User
Patches are transferable
(msg #n/a: Posted Dec 3, 2003 9:25 AM)

The easiest way to transfer patches is to apply your updates "statically" such that the actual .BSB/.KAP files are updated on your hard drive (as opposed to "dynamic" patches, which can be read from the CD with only the changes stored on the HD.)

Once you have statically applied a patch to a chart, copy the .BSB/.KAP files for that chart to a CD and use it on your other computer. When you do this, be sure to respect the liscense agreement - backups are fine, sharing across many computers is not.

Sincerely,

-Ed Lecuyer

Manager, Quality Assurance and Technical Support

Old Forum User
(msg #n/a: Posted Dec 3, 2003 11:21 AM)

Thank you for the reply. I will try to see if I can do this. Yes, I am respecting the liscense agreement. The computer I am using the Maptech Program on is a stand alone computer and is not connected to the internet. The only way I can update it is to download and transfer. Thanks again.
-Scott

Previous     
Replies 1 - 2 of 2
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS