HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier: Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier: Marine Navigation and Software: OSN won't install

Old Forum User
Original Message
(Posted Dec 8, 2003 9:47 PM)
thread closed

I have a reg. copy of OSN v 4.4 with the the XP patch installed on my laptop and running for one year.
The laptop is HP ze4300 20+ gig hard drive, 1.52 GHz, 704 MB of ram.

Trouble: I purchased Region #13. It would not install completly. Call Tech spt. After some time of no progress with the program they e-mailed me unstall directions for OSN. I did the complete uninstall as directed. I reinstalled as directed along with the update patch 5.3

When I try to start OSN the "Maptech Offshore Navigator" main screen starts (size 4.5 x 7.5) showing Version 5.3

Nothing elce happens, it sits there idle and I can't get out of it unless I reboot. There are no charts installed.
What now?

Thank you, Ron Dudas

Previous     
Replies 1 - 4 of 4
     Next     

Old Forum User
Follow up info to my previous post on 12-08-03
(msg #n/a: Posted Dec 8, 2003 10:06 PM)

Ed, Update to my last post. After about five min. with the OSN mainscreen at idle a caution warning poped up saying. Vessel Failed to start track server. I clicked OK and another one came up saying. Chart Engine Failed to load chart server. I clicked OK and OSN loaded up.

I don't have any charts loaded at this time. I'll hold of untill I get a reply.

Thank you, Ron Dudas

Old Forum User
Re-Run the XP Fix
(msg #n/a: Posted Dec 9, 2003 9:40 AM)

You need to re-apply the XP fix (download it if you no longer have it handy.) This will register the application DLL servers that are failing , then Offshore Navigator will start up and run properly.

Sincerely,

-Ed Lecuyer

Manager, Quality Assurance and Technical Support

Old Forum User
(msg #n/a: Posted Dec 9, 2003 9:58 AM)

Thanks Ed.
I figured the XP patch 5.0 was included in patch 5.3

I installed the 5.0 patch and everything works great. Loading charts now.

Love OSN. My friends who have other nav. programs envy me and wish they had OSN.

No only is you software the qreatest, you are prompt to help us little guys.

Thank you, Ron

Old Forum User
You're welcome
(msg #n/a: Posted Dec 9, 2003 10:13 AM)

Glad to know it worked out.

For the record, an attempt to include the XP fix was in the 5.03 release, but it does not work as reliably as the stand alone fix. We were also "going cold" on this, since at that time, no machines in our office were having problems registering their DLLs. Since then, my main desktop machine (running WinXP) has developed this symptom. So... it is fixed in the soon-to-be-released 5.04 patch.

Sincerely,

-Ed Lecuyer

Manager, Quality Assurance and Technical Support

Previous     
Replies 1 - 4 of 4
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS