HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier: Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier: Outdoor Navigator: Appalachian Trial maps for PDAs

Old Forum User
Original Message
(Posted Dec 15, 2003 1:04 AM)
thread closed

I have a zire 71 and have installed the demo for Outdoor navigator and it seems to do what I want. My plan was to buy the Appalachian trail CD set and export maps for use on my PDA since the data in the set would allow me to have all the maps and databook information available in the PDA. After trying it out with Terrain Navigator though, I cannot find a way to make this work. Is there a different software solution, or is this not possible at all?

Previous     
Replies 1 - 4 of 4
     Next     

Old Forum User
No Terrain Navigator maps in Outdoor Navigator, ye
(msg #n/a: Posted Dec 15, 2003 9:36 AM)

At this time, it is not possible to take maps directly from Terrain Navigator (including those included in the AT set) and import them into Outdoor Navigator.

However, our other PPC/PDA application, Pocket Navigator, will import Terrain Navigator maps. Pocket Navigator is only availble for PocketPC, so if you have a Palm PDA, you are out of luck until the ability to read Terrain Navigator maps is added to Outdoor Navigator.

Sincerely,

-Ed Lecuyer

Manager, Quality Assurance and Technical Support

Old Forum User
Check out the Destination Packs...
(msg #n/a: Posted Dec 15, 2003 1:31 PM)

Once you log into the Outdoor Navigator web site, select "Download Destination Packs" on the left side. One of the Destination Packs is the Appalacian Trail. From there you can download the maps one-by-one, section at a time.

Old Forum User
Check out the Destination Packs...
(msg #n/a: Posted Dec 15, 2003 1:31 PM)

Once you log into the Outdoor Navigator web site, select "Download Destination Packs" on the left side. One of the Destination Packs is the Appalacian Trail. From there you can download the maps one-by-one, section at a time.

Old Forum User
Thanks, Jeff, I forgot about the Destination Packs
(msg #n/a: Posted Dec 15, 2003 1:36 PM)

Previous     
Replies 1 - 4 of 4
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS