HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Offshore Navigator (& Lite) & Chart Navigator (Viewer): General: Offshore Navigator: Application Discussion: Raymarine support

Howard Kurzrok
Original Message
(Posted Jan 2, 2004 5:33 PM)

Not long ago (on the old forum) I saw some promising news on direct support for Raymarine products. Is there a roadmap / timeframe for rollout of this support?

Previous     
Replies 18 - 27 of 27
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

Ed Lecuyer
We're looking into this...
(msg #4.2.1.1.1.1: Posted Jun 15, 2004 4:53 PM)

We're in the process of investigating this issue for you. However, given other comments here, I suspect that the Raymarine setting in Offshore Navigator is working properly in most installations.

I suggest that you check your wiring. Pay special attention to the transmit line from the computer to the data receive of the GPS. It is quite possible that if this line is not wired properly (but the other two are) that the software would behave in this fashion.

- Ed Lecuyer
Manager, Quality Assurance and Technical Support

Roger Little
RE: We're looking into this...
(msg #4.2.1.1.1.1: Posted Aug 23, 2004 2:49 PM)

Ed,

Is it possible to email me the wiring diagram that Maptech has used in your testing with the RN300? Appreciate any assistance you could offer.

Roger Little
roger.little@sympatico.ca

user user
RE(2): We're looking into this...
(msg #4.2.1.1.1.1: Posted Aug 23, 2004 2:55 PM)

Hello Roger:

Here is the wiring diagram you are looking for.

Raymarine RN300 wiring

Battery negative black -12 VDC
Battery positive red +12 VDC

NMEA in+ white DB9 pin 3 (data out)
NMEA in- green DB9 pin 5 (signal ground)
(not connected) gray
NMEA out+ yellow DB9 pin 2 (data in)
NMEA out- brown DB9 pin 5 (signal ground)
(not connected) (screen)

Must turn off simulator to get NMEA to start.
NMEA sentences can be select/deselected for output.

Jeffrey Atwood

Russell Notides
RE: Raymarine Support NOW AVAILBLE (as a
(msg #4.3: Posted Mar 23, 2004 1:30 PM)

Ed
I have a new C series raymarine GPS and Maptech 5.04. I would like to try the beta patch with 5.04 so I can create routes and transfer them to the C120 GPS.
Could you send me the latest patch version? Also, I have a friend with a new simrad GPS. Is there a patch for NMEA connection to Simrad using 5.04?
Many thanks.

notides@rapt.com

Ed Lecuyer
Download it here
(msg #4.3.1: Posted Mar 23, 2004 1:37 PM)

You can get the 5.04b beta patch by clicking here.

Unfortunately, we do not have a driver for specific Simrad GPS units. However, connecting via NMEA for real time positioning should work fine. Transferring Routes and Waypoints will probably not work. However, if you try the Raymarine or Std. Horizon setting in Offshore Navigator, it *might* be able to send routes and waypoints to the Simrad GPS.

- Ed Lecuyer
Manager, Quality Assurance and Technical Support

Robert Craven
RE: Download it here
(msg #4.3.1.1: Posted Mar 31, 2004 1:15 AM)

Ed, thanks for your help in getting Raymarine support, and for your patience with those of us that have been bugging you for it. I have installed the Beta SW and it seems to work so far with a 425. It certainly clears up some ambiguity that the Standard SW presented. I'll do more thorough testing in a week or so.

Edward Collins
RE: Raymarine C-120
(msg #5: Posted Oct 14, 2004 6:27 PM)

I am using Chart Navigator 5.04b with my Raymarine C-120 . My PC receives the position fine and I can send routes to the GPS with no problem as long as the route has fewer than 35 waypoints which is the capacity of the RNS 300. Also, sending routes to the PC will not work IF any of the routes in my C-120 have more than 35 waypoints. Have you run into this issue before.

Thanks for your help

Ed Collins

user user
RE(2): Raymarine C-120
(msg #5.1: Posted Oct 29, 2004 2:18 PM)

Hello:

Our 5.05 version of the software (which is currently scheduled to become availble in the coming weeks) will allow you to override the RN300 capacity of only 35 waypoints within a route. In this way, Chart/Offshore Navigator will be able to transfer additional data to those Raymarine units that offer greater storage capacity than the RN300.

Jeffrey Atwood

Edward Collins
RE(3): Raymarine C-120
(msg #5.1.1: Posted Oct 27, 2005 6:12 PM)

I am using the lastest version of Raymarine software (RNS 5.0) with BSB 3.0 and 4.0 charts with no problems. I recently purchased a Chartbook with the companion CD with BSB 5.0 charts which do not work with RNS 5.0. When will this be resolved.

Thanks...Ed Collins

Justine Baldwin
RE(4): Raymarine C-120
(msg #5.1.1.1: Posted Nov 1, 2005 10:23 AM)

Ed,

We have made the SDK available to Raymarine, so they can make their software compatible with our BSB 5.0 charts. At this point, it is their decision whether they will do that and when. If you would like to contact Raymarine, their phone number is:
1-800-539-5539.

Justine Baldwin
Technical Support

Previous     
Replies 18 - 27 of 27
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS