HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Offshore Navigator (& Lite) & Chart Navigator (Viewer): General: Chart Navigator (Viewer): Application Discussion: Mac OS X software

Raul Bosque
Original Message
(Posted Jan 5, 2004 10:02 AM)

There are a lot of Mac owners who would like to use Maptech's full range of features. Do you have any plans of supporting the Mac platform?

Previous     
Replies 6 - 15 of 15
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

Ed Lecuyer
That's Good News!
(msg #3.1: Posted Apr 26, 2004 9:39 PM)

Glad to hear that you folks were successful in getting BSB4.0 charts to work. We wish you luck with your product and will start sending customers who desire Mac support your way.

- Ed Lecuyer
Manager, Quality Assurance and Technical Support

Roger Schwake
RE(2): Mac OS X software
(msg #3.2: Posted Sep 11, 2005 11:05 PM)

I'm taking a Power Squadron navigation class using training CD Bowditch Bay, 1210Tr & more. Is there a way to run this on my Mac with OS X?

Riordan Galluccio
RE(3): Mac OS X software
(msg #3.2.1: Posted Sep 12, 2005 12:54 PM)

Currently Maptech does not have a Mac version of its software. There are several other companies however that produce software that allows our charts to be viewed on Mac. You might try a company called GPSNavX.

Richard Ray
RE(4): Mac OS X software
(msg #3.2.1.1: Posted Oct 11, 2005 10:25 PM)

GPSNavX supports all versions of BSB charts including BSB 4 and BSB 5.

www.gpsnavx.com

Grady Jones
RE: Mac OS X software
(msg #5: Posted Dec 13, 2005 11:43 AM)

Please add my name to the list of people who would like Mac support.

Ed Lecuyer
Will do. *NM*
(msg #5.1: Posted Feb 20, 2006 9:27 AM)

John Hawkins
RE: Mac OS X software
(msg #6: Posted Apr 28, 2007 8:27 AM)

I was able to successfully run Chart Navigator on an OSX iMac running it under Parallels' virtual machine. It runs fine and it screams on this system compared to my Windows box. If you are interested in more info, let me know and I'll be happy to provide it. I'll try to get back and check this forum from time to time.

Regards,
John.

Steven Clark
(msg #6.1: Posted Jun 21, 2007 11:49 AM)

Hi John, have macbook 10.4.9 and trying to use garmin e-trex and rs-232 modle u232-p9 adapter with macgpspro 7.3 Have had no success with drivers. Could also access zenstar 3 reciever with offshore navagator. Any help with this would save loading xp on macbook.

thanks steve

Robert Nelson
(msg #6.2: Posted Jan 17, 2008 3:49 PM)

John-
I am having a problem installing Chart Navigator on my new Imac running leopard and bootcamp. The installation freezes after accepting the legal screen. Do you think it's a problem with bootcamp? Does it work differently than parallel?

Thanks,
Bob

James Thurber
RE(3): Mac OS X software
(msg #6.2.1: Posted Feb 16, 2008 2:12 PM)

Previous     
Replies 6 - 15 of 15
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS