HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Offshore Navigator (& Lite) & Chart Navigator (Viewer): General: Offshore Navigator: Application Discussion: Tide tables

Original Message
(Posted Feb 15, 2004 1:39 PM)

I have just started using Offshore Navigator and am enjoying it. I am having problems in finding the tide and current tables for my area. I was wondering if there is a way to get a list similar to the hard copies put out annualy.

Previous     
Replies 23 - 32 of 32
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

Peter Nucci
RE(2,3,4,6,7,9): Tide and Current tables for 2006
(msg #3.1.1.1.1.2: Posted Nov 29, 2005 11:26 AM)

Tim,
Some of our Digital Chartkits (we have all for Maine down to Florida and out through the Bahamas) we purchased from you all at various boat shows and some from your distributors. How do we get a 2006 update for all these regions from one place (you?) and what is the cost please.
Thanks,
Val & Peter Nucci

vernon ackels
RE(15): Tide and Current tables for 2005
(msg #3.1.1.1.1.3: Posted Mar 28, 2005 2:41 PM)

Tim,
At the first of this year, I surprisingly lost tidal information for RE(15) in the south Puget Sound area (Tacoma/Olympia), but was able to retain the northern portion of the Sound with support for the Canadian charts that I had previously installed on my computer, and using your download for tides and currents update.
To get tides and current data for the South Puget Sound area, I recently upgraded to to ver. 5.06a. However, the data for tidal currents in the Tacoma Narrows (and south) is inconsistent and in error for every tidal station I studied (1746, 1766, 1756, 1761, 1771, 1796, 1781, 1811, 1816, 1821, 1786, 1831, 1836, etc.) I made a comparison with Nobeltec e-Planner tides and currents, that I tested successfully during our predicted log race last weekend, and noted that the current values, directions and tidal heights given in Maptech ver. 5.06a do not agree with my personal observations, NOAA weather station info, nor Nobeltec e-Planner. I reinstall the software two times to see if it would solve the problem without success.
I believe there is a serious flaw in your product. Will ver. 5.07 correct this problem with the currents and heights in RE(15)? If not, can I return your product for a refund? Accurate tidal information is the primary reason I purchased this upgrade, and is necessary for competing successfully in the ICR log races in our region.

Vern Ackels

Martin Goldschmidt
RE(16): Tide and Current tables for 2005
(msg #3.1.1.1.1.3: Posted Sep 29, 2006 6:59 PM)

Dave Isherwood
RE(3): Tide tables for 2005
(msg #3.1.2: Posted Apr 1, 2005 12:28 AM)

Good Evenin

I recently setup a new laptop for the boat and had the same Tide Table problem. I then purchased the Digital Chart kit (for the Tides and also to refresh Charts). All is working on my backup laptop. The laptop (actually hard installed) on the boat isnt connected to any network. So I am somewhat concerned that I could damage the current configuration with the version 4 encrypted charts.

Is there anyway I can just pull off the new Tide and Current data from the CD and just fix thos problem at this time?

Appreciate any thoughts you have on this.

Thanks,

Dave

Erika Nagle
RE(4): Tide tables for 2005
(msg #3.1.2.1: Posted Apr 1, 2005 1:56 PM)

Hi Dave,
You cant just pull the tides and currents off of the chart cd. We do have a tides and currents cd that we sell for $25 + shipping. Thanks, Erika

Peter Herrebout
RE(5): Tide tables for 2005
(msg #3.1.2.1.1: Posted Jul 10, 2006 9:38 AM)

Hello ,

I have bought the digital charts BACD11 ( Belgium and the Netherlands )
But i can not click on the tides or currents I bought the cd in 2004

I need the Tides and currents for 2006 and 2007 how can i get them ???

Can someone help ?

greetz

Ed Lecuyer
Please speak with our International Distributors
(msg #3.1.2.1.1.1: Posted Jul 11, 2006 7:58 AM)

Please contact the International Partner closest to you. For a list, click here - then select the desired country.

-Ed Lecuyer
Senior Customer Support Manager

larry roteman
RE: Tide tables and adding offshore nav. to a new computor
(msg #8: Posted Sep 6, 2008 12:19 PM)

I am trying to update tides and currents to offshore navigator but I can't even get Maptech to answer their phone. Their server does not reconize my product number.

Clayton Owen
2009 Tides and Currents
(msg #8: Posted Feb 10, 2009 12:00 AM)

Is there going to be support (updates)for Offshore Navigator in the form of 2009 Tides and Currents (5.0xx ver.)? Last one I see is a Dec. 08 or does that one include the '09 Tides and Currents?

QA QA
RE(2): Tide tables and adding offshore nav. to a new computor
(msg #8.1: Posted Sep 11, 2008 12:46 PM)

Hello Larry:

Hopefully you still have your product Id number that would start with an OSN-......
If you have the product installed all you should have to do is update the Offshore Navigator to the most current edition. 5.08 and you may be able to get your tide and current data back for 2008. This will also have to depend on how old your installer version is.

Previous     
Replies 23 - 32 of 32
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS