HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Offshore Navigator (& Lite) & Chart Navigator (Viewer): General: Offshore Navigator Lite: Application Discussion: Link to Raymarine Chartplotter

David Whitham
Original Message
(Posted Jun 22, 2004 6:18 AM)

I used the GPS wizard to set up my link to my chartplotter. Raymarine is not listed as a manufacturer.
Is there a download patch, or alternative manufacturers settings that will allow me to exchange data between the two systems??

Thanx David Whitham (Scotland)

Previous     
Replies 1 - 7 of 7
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

Ed Lecuyer
Use the 5.04b Beta
(msg #1: Posted Jun 22, 2004 11:21 AM)

The 5.04b Beta for Offshore Navigator Lite contains a setting for the Raymarine RN300 (that should work with similar units.) Once you download and install the beta, set it up via the Vessel/GPS menu, Setup GPS option (not through the GPS wizard.)

- Ed Lecuyer
Manager, Quality Assurance and Technical Support

Paul Tietze
RE: Use the 5.04b Beta
(msg #1.1: Posted Oct 13, 2005 7:36 AM)

I am using Offshore Navigator Lite ver 5.06. This version also does not include support for the Raymarine. Is there a patch that will work with the C-80 Charter Plotter?

user user
RE(2): Use the 5.04b Beta
(msg #1.1.1: Posted Oct 14, 2005 2:18 PM)

Hello Paul:

Download the 5.07 software update from our download section then try the suggestion from Ed Lecuyer above to try and get that C-80 working. We cannot guarante that this is going to work but it is worth a shot.

Jeffrey Atwood

Keith Starliper
RE(3): Use the 5.04b Beta
(msg #1.1.1.1: Posted Nov 6, 2005 11:15 AM)

Gentlemen,
With the RayMarine C80 and your software being two of the more popular products in the marketplace it would seem that a more detailed response is warranted. All of us have two objectives: 1) to be able to pass GPS data from the C80 to your software and 2) to be able to download your waypoint list to the C80 unit. Can you please supply some additional information on how to achieve those goals.
Thanks,
Keith

Justine Baldwin
RE(4): Use the 5.04b Beta
(msg #1.1.1.1.1: Posted Nov 17, 2005 4:37 PM)

Keith,

The RN 300 is the unit that has been supplied to us from Raytheon for testing with our software. They assured us that the RN 300 was representative of their product line, so therefore, if we could make that unit work with our software then the other units that they offer would work with our software, also.

Justine Baldwin
Technical Support

William Wallace
RE(5): Use the 5.04b Beta
(msg #1.1.1.1.1.2: Posted Oct 29, 2007 3:41 PM)

Has there been any progress on this front? I have a C80 and want to be able to plot at home w/your product and upload on the boat when I get there. Is there a way to do this easily? If not easily, at all?

Jeff Normandin
RE(6): Use the 5.04b Beta
(msg #1.1.1.1.1.2: Posted Oct 31, 2007 8:23 AM)

Hi William,

The situation still stands as it did in the previous messages. The RN300 is the only unit that we can confirm as being compatible through our own testing. You may be able to use other models with the RN300 setting, but we can't guarantee the results.

Jeff N.

Previous     
Replies 1 - 7 of 7
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS