HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support
Support Home > Sea Ray Navigator > Forums > Sea Ray Navigator > General Discussion > Navigator is not sending data to Autopilot

Sea Ray Navigator: General: General Discussion: Navigator is not sending data to Autopilot

Gary Romer
Original Message
(Posted Oct 8, 2005 11:19 PM)

My Searay Navigator has stopped communicating with my Autopilot and other equipment. I have checked all the wires and everthing looks ok. For some reason it is not sending out NMEA information anymore. How do I troubleshoot this problem. In other words how do I test the wires coming out of the power supply marked "to Auto pilot" to insure that NMEA communication is working. I know my Auto Pilot is working because it is still receiving information from "Sea Talk" my Raymarine Chartploter. Also my Searay Navigator use to send this information to my Smart Craft display and Depth information to my Raymarine Chartplotter. Other than sending NMEA information the Searay Navigator works fine.

Thanks,
Gary

Previous     
Replies 1 - 8 of 8
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

user user
RE: Navigator is not sending data to Autopilot
(msg #1: Posted Oct 14, 2005 2:26 PM)

Hello Gary:

Thanks for working on this with me. For everyone else that may be following this thread as soon as Gary and I come to a conclusion as to what is happening I will post the answer here. Gary give me a call when you get the cable I sent you.

Jeffrey Atwood

Barry Richter
RE(2): Navigator is not sending data to Autopilot
(msg #1.1: Posted Apr 4, 2007 4:00 PM)

WHAT WAS THE FIX I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

Lyle Dean
RE(3): Navigator is not sending data to Autopilot
(msg #1.1.1: Posted Apr 5, 2007 4:46 PM)

Likewise...

michael bogannam
RE(4): Navigator is not sending data to Autopilot
(msg #1.1.1.1: Posted Apr 16, 2007 1:34 PM)

When you start to follow a route on the Sea Ray Navigator, does the waypont information come up on the Autopilot for either of you?

-Michael Bogannam
Technical Support Rep.

Lyle Dean
RE(5): Navigator is not sending data to Autopilot
(msg #1.1.1.1.1: Posted Apr 24, 2007 10:20 AM)

Michael,

My Sea Ray has a Raymarine system in addition to the Navigator and the Raymarine autopilot recognizes input from the Raymarine plotter. It used to recognize the Navigator. Not sure what happened or when.

Lyle Dean

michael bogannam
RE(6): Navigator is not sending data to Autopilot
(msg #1.1.1.1.1.1.89.463.216: Posted Apr 26, 2007 9:04 AM)

Lyle, I just sent you the v3.5.1 update.
Once you install that, let me know if the issue continues.

Barry,
Is this on the 06 vessel, with your newer model Sea Ray Navigator?

-Michael Bogannam
Technical Support Rep.

Lyle Dean
RE(7): Navigator is not sending data to Autopilot
(msg #1.1.1.1.1.1.89.463.216: Posted May 26, 2007 7:59 AM)

Michael,

We completed our Great Loop and are back at the dock in Chicago.
The program upgrade we installed along the way appears to have taken care of the various issues EXCEPT communication with the Raymarine autopilot. The Raymarine chart/gps still works with the autopilot, but the Navigator does not. As far as I know, no physical changes have taken place. Is it possible a software setting went south?

Thanks

Lyle Dean

michael bogannam
RE(8): Navigator is not sending data to Autopilot
(msg #1.1.1.1.1.1.89.463.216: Posted Jun 18, 2007 8:12 PM)

Lyle,

When you create an Instant Waypoint or Activate a Route, there is no response from the autopilot? Is the screen clear of all waypoints before then?
I'm going to email you directly and we can schedule a time to talk when you or a technician is on the vessel.

-Michael Bogannam
Technical Support Rep.

Previous     
Replies 1 - 8 of 8
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS