HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Digital Charts/ChartKits & FreeBoatingCharts.com: General: ChartKit Discussion: viewing ChartPack7 files

mike palmer
Original Message
(Posted Jun 21, 2005 2:19 PM)

I received a ChartPack7 CD with international digital nautical charts of the Bahamas. The files dont seem to read into any MapTech software or GIS software (even with the MapTech ArcGIS extension) I have. The file extensions on the CD are .A01, .A02, .B01, .B02, etc inside each directory on the CD. The directories seem to correspond to charts (I guess) and there is also a directory CHARTHDR that has a text/header file for each chart. Any ideas on how I can view these images, preferrably in GIS?

Previous     
Replies 1 - 1 of 1
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

Erika Nagle
RE: viewing ChartPack7 files
(msg #1: Posted Jun 24, 2005 10:11 AM)

Hi Mike,
The chartpack 7 is a very old version of charts. We have a more up to date version. It's our digital chartkit region 9. We sell updates for half price. As far as using our charts in GIS, there is an extension available.
http://www.maptech.com/support/doc.cfm docid=118&plid=52&CFID=5742&CFTOKEN=85668577

Thanks, Erika

Erika Nagle
Discussion Forum Moderator
Discussion Forum Moderator

Previous     
Replies 1 - 1 of 1
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS