HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

The CAPN: General Discussion: The CAPN: Application Discussion - Version 8.0 or later: Capn Voyager 8.3 and BSB4 Charts

Seth Tomas
Original Message
(Posted Jun 2, 2006 5:57 PM)

I just purchased the new 8.3 Voyager Mosaic and also the Region 17 BSB4 Format chartkit. I installed the Mosaic first, then went to the "Chart" menu withing the program and selected "Copy charts from CD". Halfway through the chart download from the CD, the Capn program keeps on locking up and giving me an error report saying "Capn 32-bit Charting Module has encountered a problem.....". I'v gone as far as uninstalling the entire program and reinstalling with the same results. I can get the charts to work if I use it with the included Offshore Navigator, but for the money spent on the Mosaic program, thats what I want to use.

The computer is a HP laptop with a brand new hard drive running XP Home. All the requirements for the software are met.

I'm lost.........please help!

Previous     
Replies 1 - 4 of 4
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

Don Cameron
RE: Capn Voyager 8.3 and BSB4 Charts
(msg #1: Posted Jun 3, 2006 1:30 PM)

spoke to tech support yesterday,was advised to un-install and re-install prograjm, which was done. got the same error message as before.
CAPN SAIC 32-BIT "has encountered a problem & needs to close}" now what should
I do?

Ed Lecuyer
See this Tech Doc
(msg #1.1: Posted Jun 12, 2006 1:05 PM)

We have identified this compatibility problem. For a detailed explanation and work-around, click here.

-Ed Lecuyer
Senior Customer Support Manager

Daniel McShane
RE: See this Tech Doc
(msg #1.1.1: Posted Aug 5, 2006 9:25 PM)

I realize that I am a little bit late on this, but I have been using the Capn program since the Coast Guard first started experimenting with it. When you are loading charts from a CD the program will display that message when it tries to replace the chart that is actually being displayed on the screen at the time. Mosaic can display a couple of charts, at least, at a time so it can happen when any one of those being displayed are being copied from the CD to the hard drive. The trick I have used since it started, just in the last couple of years worth of versions, is to pan to a completely different hemispere of the globe from the one I am loading charts for. that way it is not attempting to replace a chart that is being displayed. If I zoom way in to a port that has no chance of being on the disc, that works too.
Daniel McShane

Ed Lecuyer
Thanks for the tip! *NM*
(msg #1.1.1.1: Posted Aug 7, 2006 9:02 AM)

Previous     
Replies 1 - 4 of 4
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS