HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Offshore Navigator (& Lite) & Chart Navigator (Viewer): General: Offshore Navigator Lite: Application Discussion: Can we project charts?

David Amblas
Original Message
(Posted Oct 10, 2006 9:59 AM)

Is there any way with Offshore Navigator Lite software to project charts? I have some with Datum ED1950 and I need to project them into WGS84. If not, how can I do so?

Thank you very much!

Previous     
Replies 1 - 3 of 3
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

Ed Lecuyer
Automatic Datum Conversion
(msg #1: Posted Oct 10, 2006 10:14 AM)

BSB Charts that are not in WGS84 should be automatically converted to that datum when viewed in Offshore Navigator Lite. If OSN Lite is unable to perform this datum shift, a "datum error" will appear in the lower right hand side of the display. Click it for additional details.

You can perform this datum shift by hand by using the "Datum Calculator" found on the "Tools" menu.

-Ed Lecuyer
Senior Customer Support Manager

David Amblas
RE: Automatic Datum Conversion
(msg #1.1: Posted Oct 10, 2006 10:31 AM)

Thanks Ed,

But I didn't formulate the question properly. My question is if it's possible to export the chart with a datum different than the one of the original .cap file. I need it to open them into a sonar processing software.

Thanks again!

Ed Lecuyer
Sorry, no.
(msg #1.1.1: Posted Oct 10, 2006 10:33 AM)

There are no export/reprojection tools available in Offshore Navigator Lite (or any of our BSB compatble products.)

-Ed Lecuyer
Senior Customer Support Manager

Previous     
Replies 1 - 3 of 3
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS