HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

The CAPN: General Discussion: The CAPN: Application Discussion - Version 8.0 or later: GPS Support?

stephen reech
Original Message
(Posted Nov 16, 2006 11:06 AM)

Hello all!
Does anybody here know why the options for different gps's when uploading routes and waypoints was removed? Actually, the whole shebang is gone. All I see is a download to GPX. Am I just missing something or is this the new direction for this sftw? I am a proffesional Mariner and frankly this was the main reason I use Capn.
I'd appreciate any insight on this.
Thanks Steve Reech.....

Previous     
Replies 1 - 4 of 4
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

Ed Lecuyer
GPX Support in lieu of direct transfer
(msg #1: Posted Nov 16, 2006 11:56 AM)

Starting around version 8.2 of The CAPN (and before the Maptech acquisition) a decision was made to remove the ability to do direct transfers of route data from The CAPN to a GPS/Chartplotter. With version 8.3.17 (or later) the ability to export routes in GPX format was added, so that customers who still desire this functionality may accomplish it using a GPX compatible software product, such as EasyGPS.

-Ed Lecuyer
Senior Customer Support Manager

stephen reech
RE: GPX Support in lieu of direct transfer
(msg #1.1: Posted Nov 16, 2006 1:39 PM)

unfortunantly Easygps will not play nice with my GPS (Furuno GP-80). I have spent the last 2 days playing around with it to no avail. I do still have Capn classic installed and it worked perfectly however I am looking for sftw for one of my Companies other vessels and it appears that for them I may have to look at other products. Our main goal is waypoint + Route Management. We travel worldwide and have quite a collection of routes and waypoints to manage. Most GPS just do not lend themselves well to these tasks. Another important concern is ease of use, not all our employees are able to handle the technical hurldles required to deal with this. I have even tried Waypoint for windows and only have been able to send Waypoints no routes. I want to thank you for your response though.

Ed Lecuyer
Try Chart Navigator Pro
(msg #1.1.1: Posted Nov 17, 2006 10:30 AM)

You may want to consider Maptech's Chart Navigator Pro. It has most of the features of The CAPN, and requires no technical hurdles to transfer waypoints to a Furuno GPS.

-Ed Lecuyer
Senior Customer Support Manager

roger mayon
RE: GPX Support in lieu of direct transfer
(msg #1.2: Posted Feb 12, 2008 9:58 PM)

yes im trying to get a gps that will work with the capt program i have i have one but it will not work unless i can find a third party program

Previous     
Replies 1 - 4 of 4
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS