HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Offshore Navigator (& Lite) & Chart Navigator (Viewer): General: Chart Navigator (Viewer): Application Discussion: Zoom to Black?

JOHN BAUM
Original Message
(Posted Dec 12, 2006 9:56 PM)

Whenever I scroll, change scale or zoom in on chart, I keep getting this message from the application: "CANNOT DRAW CHART AT THIS ZOOM FACTOR! TRY A ZOOM FACTOR CLOSER TO 1:1." The chart window appears jet black.

This message occurs regardless of current zoom factor & has rendered the application unusable.

I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling the most recent version (5.07) multiple times; have had the application for 6 months & this problem has only appeared within the last 2 weeks.

Help!

JGB

Previous     
Replies 1 - 5 of 5
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

Ed Lecuyer
Details Needed...
(msg #1: Posted Dec 13, 2006 11:45 AM)

Which chart (or charts) are exhibiting this behavor and what CDs (title and edition) are they from?

Also, you posted in the Chart Navigator discussion forum - is this the product you are using to view the charts, or is it Offshore Navigator (or Offshore Navigator Lite?)

-Ed Lecuyer
Senior Customer Support Manager

JOHN BAUM
RE: Details Needed...
(msg #1.1: Posted Dec 13, 2006 7:58 PM)

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the quick reply; I'm using Chart Navigator 5.07d.

The charts are the latest .bsb's from freeboatingcharts.com; the issue does not appear related to specific charts, but the chart I was using before my latest uninstall was NOAA 13229.

Let me know if you need more details; many thanks again.

JGB

Ed Lecuyer
Hmm.
(msg #1.1.1: Posted Dec 14, 2006 10:04 AM)

Not sure what the problem is.

I tried chart 13229 (and all insets) and it worked fine.

1. Go to Chart List, Advanced Chart Management, and then press the Rebuild button.

2. If that doesn't work, rename the C:\ChartKit folder so that Chart Navigator does not see any of the charts. Then ensure that it works properly with just the World chart.

3. Try visiting the web site of the computer manufacturer to download and install the latest version of the video display drivers for your video display adaptor. Sometimes odd bugs in the driver will cause Chart Naviagtor to behave unexpectedly. Related to this is DirectX from Microsoft.com. Thus, also download and install the latest version of DirectX.

Please let me know if these ideas don't work.

-Ed Lecuyer

JOHN BAUM
RE: Hmm.
(msg #1.1.1.1: Posted Dec 15, 2006 5:46 PM)

Hi Ed,

I installed the latest patches from Microsoft, rebooted & did a clean install of CN 5.07.

Things seem to be working fine now; will keep my fingers crossed.

Many thanks for all your help & happy holidays; hope you get to do some "product development" down in the islands this winter.

JGB

Ed Lecuyer
I wish...
(msg #1.1.1.1.1: Posted Dec 15, 2006 6:00 PM)

I wish there was money in the budget for some "product development" in the Islands. Alas, the only "island" I will be visiting this winter is Rhode Island for a boat show in Providence.

Glad to know you're up and running. Have a Merry Christmas & joyful holiday season.

-Ed Lecuyer

Previous     
Replies 1 - 5 of 5
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS