HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Digital Charts/ChartKits & FreeBoatingCharts.com: General: FreeBoatingCharts.com - Use of downloads, etc.: Chart not appearing

Kent Malo
Original Message
(Posted Jan 1, 2007 11:04 AM)

I downloaded region 17-Mobile AL to Mexican Border, all went well with the download and placed them in my Shipplotter Chart files, I was viewing NOAA 11324_1.KAP Galveston Bay Entrance Galveston & Texas City HRBRS, I left the p/c on this chart for some time, when I returned, my screen had gone black, and had to reboot , when I tried to regain chart 11324_1.KAP it would not appear, that is the only chart acting this way, when ever I have a chart up on the screen, I try to regain 11324, but the same chart moves 3/4 to the left and the chart number 11324 appears on the top bar of the screen, but no chart 11324, I deleted 11324, and uploaded another 11324, and that also does not appear, can you advise please?.
Kent ,
11324_1.KAP chartless in Candiac Quebec.

Previous     
Replies 1 - 10 of 10
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

Ed Lecuyer
Chart 11324
(msg #1: Posted Jan 2, 2007 12:15 PM)

I just tried the 11324_1 chart from FreeBoatingCharts.com and it works fine with Maptech's chart plotting software products.

There is a 11324_2 chart, which is a "Graphic" chart (it contains no navigational area.) It is possible that it is this chart that is giving problem to your Shipplotter. Try deleting 11324_2 and then 11324_1 should work properly. If not, re-dowload 11324_1 from Freeboatingcharts.com.

-Ed Lecuyer
Senior Customer Support Manager

Kent Malo
RE: Chart 11324
(msg #1.1: Posted Jan 2, 2007 1:25 PM)

Good day Ed,
I already tried the suggestion you gave me before hand and it does not appear and does the same characteristics as the other 11324 chart, and the chart is 11324_1.KAP , I will give it another try and let you know the results, I may have to save it in another file, or can I leave it on my desk top?.

Kent Malo

Ed Lecuyer
Chart Location
(msg #1.1.1: Posted Jan 2, 2007 1:37 PM)

Once you extract the chart from the download, you can place it in whatever location your chart plotting software is using to read charts from. You may want to place it in a separate folder, then specify that folder to be used as the exclusive location for charts in the plotting software.

Alternatively, you can download Maptech's Chart Navigator, verify that the chart is working properly, and then contact the manufacturer of the chart plotting software for further technical assistance.

-Ed Lecuyer

Kent Malo
RE: Chart Location
(msg #1.1.1.1: Posted Jan 2, 2007 2:13 PM)

Thank you Ed,
I deleted it once more, and now waiting for the new chart to download, I will try what you suggest,

cheers,
Kent.

regards,
Kent Malo.

Kent Malo
RE(2): Chart Location
(msg #1.1.1.1.1: Posted Jan 2, 2007 2:56 PM)

I did what you said I still get the same results, I have a feeling my P/C is refusing that chart only, when I told you that I had left the chart on my screen for a an hour or so last only to return to a blackened screen, I touched the enter ,and after some time a message appeared, I did not have time to read it, the message did have some warning but i did not have time to read it all before it dissapeared through the magic of my fingers. I will have someone, who is an expert in computer problems, look at it and repair the problem, he has never failed me before.

cheers,
Kent.

Kent Malo
RE: Chart 11324
(msg #1.2: Posted Jan 2, 2007 3:35 PM)

The chart 11324_1.KAP works fine from my Offshore Navigator, but not from Shipplotter, that is the only chart that will not upload on the screen, when I try to upload I get the previous chart, I will have that fixed soon.

perplexed in Candiac Quebec,
Kent Malo.

Ed Lecuyer
Shipplotter
(msg #1.2.1: Posted Jan 2, 2007 4:55 PM)

Since the chart works fine in Offshore Navigator, but not in the Shipplotter, please contact the Shipplotter technical support for assistance. In short, there have been no other reports of problems with 11324 and any other chart viewing/navigation application.

-Ed Lecuyer

Kent Malo
RE: Shipplotter
(msg #1.2.1.1: Posted Jan 2, 2007 8:38 PM)

Thank Ed for all your help, i will have this resolved with Shipplotter.

regards,
Kent Malo,

Allen Judy
(msg #1.2.1.2: Posted Jan 24, 2008 5:50 PM)

Can't seem to find any other email address for technical support so I found this address. Question is - why is map server down and when will it be back up? I have been waiting three days now!

michael bogannam
RE:
(msg #1.2.1.2.1: Posted Feb 2, 2008 4:28 PM)

Hi Allen,

the freeboating charts site is back up and charts are again available or download.

If in the future there are any other issues with freeboatingcharts.com and you are unable to download from there, please keep in mind that you can get the same updated raster charts at www.nooa.gov .

They do deliver them to you in a different manner then we do.
They give you a zipped folder that would need to be gone through collecting all the .BSB & .KAP files moving them to the directory {Drive}\Chartkit\BSBCharts (if used with Maptech software.)

-Michael Bogannam
Technical Support Rep.

Previous     
Replies 1 - 10 of 10
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS