HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

The CAPN: General Discussion: The CAPN: Application Discussion - Version 7.3 or earlier: Capn 6.1

Glenn Blumenstein
Original Message
(Posted Apr 4, 2007 8:07 PM)

I am using Capn 6.1 with a garmin gps map 76 . It works great but I have forgot how to upload new routes from the Capn to the garmin gps. I have done it many times in the past but I must have one of those Senior moments. I would like any help you can give me. Thanks in advance. Glenn

Previous     
Replies 1 - 1 of 1
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

michael bogannam
RE: Capn 6.1
(msg #1: Posted Apr 5, 2007 11:47 AM)

Hi Glenn,

Capn 6.1 is a bit old for me to thoroughly support, however I can point you to some newer versions of the Capn that I'd be more able to support properly.

Click HERE to download a free update to v7.5.3
Please read the instructions and update your current version by installing this one on top it, in the same location.

Click HERE for information on updating to our latest version, v8.3.19.
This is a $150 update that comes packaged with 17 DVDs of updated charts of the US Waters for use in the Capn. Raster, Vector, DNS, Photos and 3D charts
System Requirements on both are Widows 2000 or higher and the v8.3 also requires a DVD readable drive.

In these newer versions the ability to send routes directly to the GPS from Capn has been replaced with the ability to Export them in a GPX format.
You can then use a variety of GPX transfer software to transfer the data from the PC to the GPS, (Such as EasyGPS.)

In the older version you have, I believe if you Right CLICK on a Waypoint or Route Leg, you will have an option to "Send Route To".
Make sure your GPS is set to receive NMEA data.
Select the GPS in the list, and then follow the on screen prompts.

-Michael Bogannam
Technical Support Rep.

Previous     
Replies 1 - 1 of 1
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS