HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

i3 Touch Screen Command: General Discussion: General Discussion: Joystick on 312

Bob Clark
Original Message
(Posted May 27, 2007 11:25 AM)

I have a small center console (32 ft) I use to tournament fish. My electronics are very important to me. I've found this unit difficult to use in rough conditions without the joystick. I assume the joystick is better, but mine has never actually worked so I cant say for sure. Maptech has replaced the joystick and had me re-install the driver all to no avail. I should be at a tournament right now, but I stupidly took one of my Simrads off and installed this unit without leaving myself time to switch back. If anyone has any idea on making the joystick work I would appreciate the help.
Please see my Ebay add for a once installed never used Maptech 312.

Previous     
Replies 1 - 1 of 1
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

michael bogannam
RE: Joystick on 312
(msg #1: Posted Jun 12, 2007 1:21 PM)

Hi Bob,

Did you install the new joystick that was sent to you?
If so, can you confirm that you have it plugged in to the GREEN USB prot on the bottom of the i3?
There are 3 PURPLE USB ports and 1 GREEN one.
The joystick will NOT operate properly if plugged into any of the PURPLE USB ports.

Here is a link to a PDF that will show how and where each device makes it's connection to the i3.

If the joystick is connected to the correct USB port, please let me know.
I can contact your directly and we can check a few other things.

-Michael Bogannam
Technical Support Rep.

Previous     
Replies 1 - 1 of 1
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS