I have the voyager mosaic version 7.5.3 and have downloaded the noaa vector charts, and cannot get the program to add the path to these charts so I can use them, ( I have extracted them and they are in a series of folders called "noaa bsbs******/bsb_root/***) nor can I add the bsb raster charts that I use in the earlier capn program for their use. I get a "runtime error 55- file Already open error every time I try, and the program locks up. What is the problem?
BSB charts are raster charts, not vector charts.
Your NOAA BSB charts are *.BSB, *.KAP, and possibly *.PTC files.
If you have NOAA vector charts (S-57 ENC charts) they would be located in SoftSENC.
The vector charts in SoftSENC will not be raw NOAA charts, they will be SoftCharts.
The Capn can only read vector charts that have been modified for use by The Capn.
• Using "My Computer", via your PC's Start button or Desktop icon,
copy all of your new NOAA BSB, KAP, and PTC files into BSBCHART.
• Open Capn.
• In Capn, click CHARTS then click "Set or Refresh Chart Paths".
• Change "1 LEVEL DOWN" to "3 LEVELS DOWN".
• Click the "FIND CHARTS" button.
• Click the "SAVE THIS LIST" button.
• Close the "Set or Refresh Chart Paths" dialog box.
• Click Charts then "Get a Chart", to see if Capn has found your NOAA charts.