HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Chart Navigator Pro & Chart Navigator Light: General: Chart Navigator Pro: Application Discussion: Using Chart Nav 5.0 and Contour Pro 4.1 to determine distance to certain depths

Nicole O''Brien
Original Message
(Posted Oct 19, 2007 12:41 PM)

Ok, my question is two fold. First, is there a way to load lat/long data points so that they'll show up as marks?
Second, I am trying to measure the distance from lat/long points along the coast to the 10m, 20m, and 50m isobaths. I know I can set the depth marker on Contour to show up at those depths. I am also familiar with the A2B measuring tool in Chart Nav. How would I be able to combine to two programs so that I can measure from a mark to the set depth marker on Contour?
Thank you.

Previous     
Replies 1 - 1 of 1
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

michael bogannam
RE: Using Chart Nav 5.0 and Contour Pro 4.1 to determine distance to certain depths
(msg #1: Posted Nov 1, 2007 10:30 PM)

Hi Nicole,

Yes, Lat & long coordinates can be entered in a variety of ways.
*You can chose the Marker tool, click any where on any chart.
Right click the marker and choose Edit. You can now manually enter in the exact coords you want the marker to be.
*If you have a list of latitude and longitudes, you can put them in two colums in an Excel file. Save the Excel file as a .CSVfile. Then you can run the FormatMXF utility to create a Maptech MXF (marker) file.
When you import the MXF file (File> Import Data from File) , please make sure you change the "Origin of Data" to Terrain Navigator.
*If you have the lat & longs entered in a compatible GPS, you can simply import the points from the GPS into the software (File> Import Data from GPS)

Contour Professional is a discontinued product.
You should download the latest version of Chart Navigator (free viewer) v5.08.
Chart Navigator should be able to display your 3D charts.
In Chart Navigator, are you able to click the Charts menu and choose "Link to Contour Chart". The 3D chart window should open and get tiled across the screen with the open raster chart.

-Michael Bogannam
Technical Support Rep.

Previous     
Replies 1 - 1 of 1
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS