HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Chart Navigator Pro & Chart Navigator Light: General: Chart Navigator Pro: Application Discussion: RosePoint Nav 2.0 and Chart Nav Pro

Chris Labatt
Original Message
(Posted Feb 1, 2008 4:51 PM)

RosePoint is in beta with their upgraded software. They are also planning on releasing it at no charge to all RosePoint 1.1 customers. What is Maptech's plan at this point? Thanks!

Previous     
Replies 1 - 5 of 5
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

Curtis Beebe
RE: RosePoint Nav 2.0 and Chart Nav Pro
(msg #1: Posted Feb 16, 2008 9:23 AM)

Am interested,too.

C'mon, Maptech, let us know what your plans are. Two weeks should be enough time for a question like this to get answered.

Barry Kaplan
RE(2): RosePoint Nav 2.0 and Chart Nav Pro
(msg #1.1: Posted Feb 19, 2008 10:33 AM)

Agreed. I am ready to purchase either RosePoint or Maptech Pro. I would like the media and extensions that come with Maptech, but an not willing to always lag behind in the software. Of course, if Maptech cannot even make a statement of intent as to how they plan to manage keeping in sync with RosePoint that is an answer to my dilemma.

Jeff Normandin
RE(3): RosePoint Nav 2.0 and Chart Nav Pro
(msg #1.1.1: Posted Feb 19, 2008 3:36 PM)

Hi Barry (et al),

I apologize for the delay in replying to your question.

Yes, we are planning on having the 2.0 update available to our customers as a free update. We are still working through some of the finer details on the update so I do not have a complete list of features that will come with that upgrade, but the upgrade is coming and will happen automatically, just like the earlier updates did.

Jeff N.

Barry Kaplan
RE(4): RosePoint Nav 2.0 and Chart Nav Pro
(msg #1.1.1.1: Posted Feb 25, 2008 8:35 PM)

Thanks Jeff. This news and along with software series on MadMariner I can cheerfully put my order in for CHPro!

(BTW, I am a software developer myself, so I truely understand the effort involved in a major upgrade -- especially when the core software is development by another team.)

Chris Labatt
RE(4): RosePoint Nav 2.0 and Chart Nav Pro
(msg #1.1.1.2: Posted Mar 4, 2008 6:41 PM)

That's great news and it really makes me feel good about recommending your product to others!

Previous     
Replies 1 - 5 of 5
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS