HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Sea Ray Navigator: General: General Discussion: Updating Charts

Gary Romer
Original Message
(Posted Apr 18, 2008 6:42 PM)

I tried to update the charts on my Searay Navigator, folloing the instructions using freeboatingcharts.com. When I tried to instal them on the Navigator I get an error message "cannot down load unregistered encrypted charts". What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Gary Romer

Previous     
Replies 1 - 4 of 4
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

Gary Romer
RE: Updating Charts
(msg #1: Posted Apr 20, 2008 6:30 PM)

I discovered what I was doing wrong. I needed to make a different folder to download the charts to. When I downloaded to "Chartkit "on my home computer they were added to other charts that were already in that folder which the Navigator could not read. Once I fixed that problem everything worked fine with the exception of one chart that the Navigator says "error cannot open". It is NOAA Chart 11315. I tied deleting the chart and downloading it again, I even downloaded the chart directly from the NOAA website but still it will not open on the Navigator; however, it will open on my home computer. Why am I having problems with this one chart?

Thanks,

Gary Romer

michael bogannam
RE(2): Updating Charts
(msg #1.1: Posted Apr 21, 2008 12:06 PM)

Hi Gary,

On the CD you've made, please explore the contents of the BSBChart folder.
Find 11315_1 & 11315_2, they should be .kap files.
(there will also be a 11315.bsb file as well)

If you find that the files 11315_1 & 11315_2 are .cap files, then this is the problem.
These are BSB4 files that you might have copied inadvertently from C:\Chartkit\BSBchart

The fix would be to make a new disc making sure the .cap files are not on the CD but rather the .kap files that were received from the download at freeboatingcharts.com

-Michael Bogannam
Technical Support Rep.

Gary Romer
RE(3): Updating Charts
(msg #1.1.1: Posted Apr 22, 2008 5:11 PM)

Michael,

Thank you for your quick response and I wish it was that simple; but no, there are no .cap files, just .kap and .bsb.

Gary Romer

michael bogannam
RE(4): Updating Charts
(msg #1.1.1.1: Posted Apr 23, 2008 10:48 AM)

Hi Gary,

I have reproduced the problem by downloading the charts for myself, from both sites.

I have reported the issue and will reply back when it has been corrected.

-Michael Bogannam
Technical Support Rep.

Previous     
Replies 1 - 4 of 4
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS