HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

The CAPN: General Discussion: The CAPN: Application Discussion - Version 8.0 or later: Mosaic Issue

William Wiegmann
Original Message
(Posted May 3, 2008 2:13 PM)

I sail from Northwest Harbor in Deer Isle, Maine. When I zoom in on this harbor, a spurious blank piece of Chart 13313 appears covering the entry to the harbor and the middle of the harbor is shown with Chart 13316, even though Chart 13305 has greater detail (including soundings). If I click on "Single Chart Mode" while my cursor is on Chart 13305, I can get Cap'n to show the detail in Northwest Harbor properly, but I prefer to leave the program set in Mosaic mode. Is there a patch for this charting issue or an override I can implement myself?

Previous     
Replies 1 - 3 of 3
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

michael bogannam
RE: Mosaic Issue
(msg #1: Posted May 16, 2008 4:50 PM)

Hi William,

Here is a (hopefully) helpful hint. One that I think makes The CAPN so unique to our other software.

We supplied you with various styles of charts with the DVD chart set, Raster, Vector, and DNC.
If you installed them all, now’s a good time to use these various styles together.

First make sure that you have indeed installed the Vector (SENC S57) and the DNC charts from the DVD set.

Now in the Vector Charts menu, there is an option for "Favor Vector over Raster", check this option.
There is another option in the Vector charts menu, "Allow Transparent Raster.", please also check this option.
Now with the chart open, at the view you described above, right click on the chart and choose Options, then choose "This View - Raster See-Thru Level".
This will bring up a small slide bar "Transparency", adjust this lever to control the amount of Transparency of the Raster charts, you should see some Vector chart coverage become visible where before you saw that non-detail area.

-Michael Bogannam
Technical Support Rep.

William Wiegmann
RE(2): Mosaic Issue
(msg #1.1: Posted May 19, 2008 6:24 PM)

Thank you for your response. I have had Capn for quite a few years and my chart CD's are older ones from Softchart and do not include vector charts. Can I download a vector version of Chart 13305 from Maptech and perform the operation you describe?

michael bogannam
RE(3): Mosaic Issue
(msg #1.1.1: Posted May 21, 2008 9:27 AM)

Although NOAA does offer free ENC vector charts for download, The CAPN does not have the ability to convert them to SENC on the fly making them unusable.
ENC charts need to be converted to SENC by Maptech firat inorder to be used with The CAPN.

The upgrade to CAPN v8.3.20a comes with 17 DVDs of updated Raster, Vector, DNC Vector, Photo, and 3D charts for the US waters.
The upgrade is available to you as a previous CAPN owner at a discounted price.
Please call 888.839.5551 to speak with Customer Service to place that order.

-Michael Bogannam
Technical Support Rep.

Previous     
Replies 1 - 3 of 3
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS