HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Chart Navigator Pro & Chart Navigator Light: General: Chart Navigator Pro: Application Discussion: Chart Navigator Pro Weather Overlays

Tom Bullock
Original Message
(Posted May 29, 2008 5:15 PM)

I'm trying to decide among products and was wondering what the source of the weather info for Nav Pro is. How often is the update? How does one receive the updates, internet? Does the weather overlay on the actual chart? Does XM Satellite Weather work? Lots of questions!!!
Thanks

Previous     
Replies 1 - 3 of 3
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

michael bogannam
RE: Chart Navigator Pro Weather Overlays
(msg #1: Posted May 30, 2008 12:37 PM)

Chart Navigator Pro gets it's weather dat from NOAA.
GRIB files can be brought into CNP from other sources, by clicking on the Open folder in the Graphical weather forecast panel and browsing to GRIB files saved to the hard drive.

Yes, the Weather overlay is laid over the charts.
Click here for a link to some preview images.

XM WxWorx does not work in conjuction with Chart Navigator Pro.

-Michael Bogannam
Technical Support Rep.

Martin Zonnenberg
RE(2): Chart Navigator Pro Weather Overlays
(msg #1.1: Posted Sep 10, 2008 8:01 PM)

Michael,

I just want to make sure I understand the GRIB files overlay function. I can download grib files over my email account and overlay them over the charts. As I am voyaging, I am not going to have access to the Internet, but I will be able to download GRIB files via SSB radio and my sail mail account.

Thx

Martin

Martin Zonnenberg
RE(2): Chart Navigator Pro Weather Overlays
(msg #1.2: Posted Sep 10, 2008 8:09 PM)

Second question,

What about current information, specifically the real time Loop Currents in the Gulf of Mexico. Can it be downloaded and overlayed on the Charts?

Thx

Martin

Previous     
Replies 1 - 3 of 3
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS