HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Chart Navigator Pro & Chart Navigator Light: General: Chart Navigator Pro: Application Discussion: Chart Navigator Pro keep locking up

Les Dobbe
Original Message
(Posted Dec 5, 2008 12:00 AM)

I have been trying to figure out what has been happening with my CNP. I thought my CPU was being overloaded and my processor couldn't handle the application efficiently since it has been locking up. I have been wrestling with this since the leaving Seattle. While in Panama I had a tech check the computer. It has no problem handling the tasks. My OS is XP and is dedicated to strictly running CNP.
Symptoms. EVERY 45 seconds the program locks for approx 15 seconds. The computer isn't locking since I can move the mouse and continue to navigate within the computer, if I don't have the CNP screen up, and I can watch the applications and computer usage during the CNP lockup. I asked a programming friend about this and confirmed it is not my computer it is a "race" and the program keeps trying to resolve the info stream.
Problem: Besides the frustration of only being able to use the program 45 seconds out of every minute I now have a secondary problem. Since the "offline" timing is getting a bit longer my Simrad AP 25 autopilot is kicking out with a "no nav data" I do many overnighters in blue water and this is very distressing/dangerous. It has rendered my interface useless and I am now is thin waters within the Caribbean.
I have tried calling and holding, very long, but I'm doing this internationally and on my sat phone a 20 minute wait is excessive.
Can you please help?

Previous     
Replies 1 - 2 of 2
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

Jack Carlson
RE: Chart Navigator Pro keep locking up
(msg #1: Posted Feb 11, 2009 12:00 AM)

Your message is now over 2 months old, but if you are still having this problem let me know, I may have sugesstions.
Jack

Terrill Pizani
RE(2): Chart Navigator Pro keep locking up
(msg #1: Posted Mar 12, 2009 12:00 AM)

I am currently having the same problem and have been for quite some time now.

Previous     
Replies 1 - 2 of 2
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS