HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support
Support Home > General Discussion > Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion > MoveFileEx failed: GetLastError=183

General Discussion: General: General Discussion: MoveFileEx failed: GetLastError=183

Hurle Priser
Original Message
(Posted Mar 9, 2009 12:00 AM)

I have MapTech Terrain NHavigator 7.03. Under an earlier version it ran fine under Windows XP. Then I had to switch to Windows Vista. I upgraded to the current version 7.03. and it worked fine.

Then I had to rebuild my computer from the ground up - reinstall Vista and all my programs. I installed MapTech last. and copying my backup route/track/marker data into Program Files/ Terrain Navigator.

Now when I launch MapTech I get a window that says, "Errors found in route/track/marker data. Rebuilding information."

Then I get a couple errorsMoveFileEx failed: GetLastError=183

After that it seems to run fine.

When I exit MapTech, I get the errors MoveFileEx failed: GetLastError=183 again. Only I have to click off 35 or 40 such errors to close the program.

I tried Terrain Navigator Update to 851.EXE. It fixed this problem but created something worse. There are straight black lines connecting each and every waypoint marker. And, when I select the Layers tab/markers, the program crashes. I can't use this version.

What happened and how can I fix it? Anyone?

Hurle

Previous     
Replies 1 - 1 of 1
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

Hurle Priser
RE: MoveFileEx failed: GetLastError=183
(msg #1: Posted Apr 29, 2009 12:00 AM)

I solved the problem It is caused by Vista's User Account Control. Go to Control Panel > User Accounts, and turn of User Account Control. Reboot.

That fixes the problem.

Hurle

Previous     
Replies 1 - 1 of 1
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS