HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier: Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier: Marine Navigation and Software: Export format

Old Forum User
Original Message
(Posted Jun 17, 2002 7:06 PM)
thread closed

For Chart Navigator 5.0, what is the export format for waypoints, routes, and markers? I can't find the specification anywhere. Looks like the files are tab-delimited, but what I'm looking for is the definition of each data element.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Tim

Previous     
Replies 1 - 6 of 6
     Next     

Old Forum User
Export files
(msg #n/a: Posted Jun 18, 2002 3:07 PM)

Hello Tim,

If you contact our support staff at 1-978-792-1197 or via email at Support@Maptech.com they can send the file formats to you. The file structure is propreitary to Maptech, just let them know the product and type of file you wish defined.

Thanks,

- Mike

Old Forum User
(msg #n/a: Posted Jun 18, 2002 8:24 PM)

Thanks, I've sent an email message to tech support.

Your help file states "The export feature lets you use your data in other applications." If you really want us to use OUR data in other applications, you should provide the export file specifications in your help documentation or online where it's easy to find.

Best regards,

Tim

Old Forum User
(msg #n/a: Posted Jul 14, 2002 1:06 AM)

I agree with Tim. Can I get a copy of the formats too?

Old Forum User
I agreed with Tim too.
(msg #n/a: Posted Jul 15, 2002 8:50 AM)

Unfortunately, we found that the documentation on these formats was a tad out-of-date, and somewhat confusing. We are in the process of rewriting this documentation. The first of these has been completed and added to the downloads, technical documentation section of this website. Others will follow as they are finished.

Sincerely,

-Ed Lecuyer

Manager, Quality Assurance and Technical Support

Old Forum User
Import - export
(msg #n/a: Posted Oct 31, 2002 8:21 AM)

I recently purchased a new computer and I exported my waypoints as detailed in the help section. Now I am trying to import those waypoints and on the "Origin of Data" section I don't have version 5. I tried in version 4X and it doesn't work. I have version 5 Chart Navigator. Can you please help.

Regards Rey

Old Forum User
Chart Navigator version 5.01
(msg #n/a: Posted Oct 31, 2002 11:23 AM)

Hello Rey,

We have a 5.01 update available in the downloads section of this website which, when installed, will add "Chart Navigator 4x/5x" as an option in the drop down menu.

If you are still having a problem after the update, please let us know,

- Mike

Previous     
Replies 1 - 6 of 6
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS