HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support

Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier: Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier: Aeronautical Navigation and Software: GPS Position Icon, No Airplane Graphic

Old Forum User
Original Message
(Posted Aug 6, 2002 2:10 PM)
thread closed

Under Real-Time Tracking Preferences, I set the GPS position symbol to be a plane. However, when I send Maptech NMEA messages the symbol is always a red circle.

How do I change it so that I can see the plane?

Thank you

Previous     
Replies 1 - 3 of 3
     Next     

Old Forum User
(msg #n/a: Posted Aug 7, 2002 2:32 PM)

What Maptech program and version number (which can be found in the Help> About menu) are you using?

If it is Terrain Navigator, first ensure that you have the latest version available from this website in the downloads section, version 5.03. Once 5.03 is loaded, you will need to select Plane as the symbol in Tracking Preferences, then hit Apply, then OK. Then begin the real-time positioning.

Thanks,

- Mike

Old Forum User
GPS Position Icon, No Airplane Graphic
(msg #n/a: Posted Aug 12, 2002 1:04 PM)

I am using Terrain Navigator 5.03. I do select plane as the symbol in Tracking Preferences, but I always get a hollow red circle with a red line trailing it.

Old Forum User
GPS icon
(msg #n/a: Posted Aug 12, 2002 4:15 PM)

I am able to track using the plane and other icons here. The only other thing, the GPS has to be moving for the icons to display. If it is stationary, the circle icon appears.

Hope this helps,

- Mike

Previous     
Replies 1 - 3 of 3
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS