This is a Microsoft Windows XP and Vista compatible driver for the Sealevel 2105 SeaLINK+232 Serial to USB Adapter that Maptech recommends as an accessory for its Navigation software products. Besides being for Windows XP, it is suitable for use on newer Windows Vista computers.
To Install the Driver
1. Following the instructions, below, download the Sealevel GPS driver.
2. If an older driver has already been installed, it must be uninstalled before proceeding. To uninstall the old driver, choose Computer, Control Panel, and Programs and Features. Highlight SeaCom and click Uninstall/Change at the top. Finally, click Remove.
3. Double-Click the SeaCOM_v030205.exe application (downloaded below) and choose a Typical install.
4. Once the install is complete, plug in the 2105 USB-to-Serial adapter.
5. The Found New Hardware wizard will appear. Choose the top recommended choice. Then select INSTALL THIS DRIVER SOFTWARE ANYWAY. This message may appear a second time. If it does, again choose INSTALL THIS DRIVER SOFTWARE ANYWAY.
6. You will receive a confirmation that the Driver installed correctly and ready for use.
7. If the Found New Hardware wizard does not appear, right-click on My Computer (or Computer in Window Vista) and choose Properties. In the Hardware tab, select Device Manager. In the section labled Universal Serial Bus Controlers, highlight the Sealevel Adapter and press Delete. Once the driver is removed from the system, insert the adapter choose Scan for hardware changes from the Action menu. The driver should now install.
To Verify the COM Port used by the USB-to-Serial Adapter (and your GPS)
1. Click Start, Control Panel, Performance & Maintenance, System, Hardware, Device Manager.
2. In the list, find "Ports (COM & LPT)" and check the Virtual COM Port, which was created by the USB driver.
You should see "SeaLINK+232 USB to RS-232 Converter (COM #)."
3. Use this COM Port when connecting to the GPS. Or, use the GPS Setup Wizard that is included with Maptech's suite of Navigation products to connect the GPS to the software.
Please note that the Virtual COM Port number might be different on every computer or may change each time new devices are installed.
How to Download the Driver
Click the link below. In most instances, your web browser will ask if the file should be Opened, or Saved to your computer. Choose Save, then select a location to Save the downloaded file In. If you are unfamiliar with downloading applications, we recommend choosing your "Desktop"; select Save In, Desktop and press Save. Once the download completes, follow the above instructions to install the driver. Once that process is completed, you may run your Maptech application, use the GPS Setup Wizard to configure the GPS, and delete the download from your Desktop.