This is a Microsoft Windows compatible driver for the Transystem iGPS-M Pro USB GPS that Maptech offers as an accessory for its Navigation software products. It is the same driver that is included on the CD that accompanied the GPS and is required to use the GPS on any computer.
To Install the Driver
1. Following the instructions, below, download the iGPS-M GPS driver. However, do NOT connect the GPS.
2. Double-Click on the iGPS-M_Pro_Driver application.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver. Restart the computer, if prompted to do so.
4. Once complete, plug the iGPS-M GPS into your computer. The computer should recognize the device.
5. Configure the Maptech Navigation software to use the GPS. Please note that this GPS operates at 9600 baud - which differs from the standard 4800 baud used by most NMEA GPSs.
Using the GPS
- When using the GPS, it must be in clear view of the sky.
- The indicator light on the GPS will be on steady when it is receiving power.
- When the indicator light flashes periodically, the GPS has acquired a satellite signal and is operating properly.
To Verify the COM Port used by the GPS
1. Click Start, Control Panel, Performance & Maintenance, System, Hardware, Device Manager.
2. In the list, find "Ports (COM & LPT)" and check the Virtual COM Port, which was created by the USB driver. For example: CP210x USB to UART Bridge Controller [COM #].
3. Use this COM Port when connecting to the GPS. Or, use the GPS Setup Wizard that is included with Maptech's suite of Navigation products to connect the GPS to the software.
Please note that the Virtual COM Port number might be different on every computer or may change each time new devices are installed.
How to Download the Driver
Click the link below. In most instances, your web browser will ask if the file should be Opened, or Saved to your computer. Choose Save, then select a location to Save the downloaded file In. If you are unfamiliar with downloading applications, we recommend choosing your "Desktop"; select Save In, Desktop and press Save. Once the download completes, follow the above instructions to install the driver. Once that process is completed, you may run your Maptech application, use the GPS Setup Wizard to configure the GPS, and delete the download from your Desktop.